Intelligence Plus Character

"Intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character, that is the goal of education."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I believe that this quote is amazing and telling the truth. Yet I might be personally biased because Martin Luther King Jr. is one of my personal heroes, I might thing every quote of his is amazing. Some people need to hear this quote, they think just with good grades they can get into amazing universities. The truth is that you need to show some work involving the good character you need or need to release. This can involve work such as volunteering at soup kitchens and tutoring students. I remember one day my 8th grade teacher told my class as story where her son has always had good grades his entire life, he was one of the best in his graduating class. Although there was this other boy who had GREAT grades, and was the best in the graduating class. Turns out they both ended up at the University of Berkeley. How could this be? Well, even if one of them had the better grades, my teacher's son had an overwhelming past of good character, with volunteering at Petco and tutoring freshman. While the other boy had a less impressive record. 
Image result for martin luther king jr

Comments

Popular Posts