A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity

"I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends on how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it."
-Dr. Ben Carson


I 100% agree with this statement. This is because poverty is horrible, no body wants to be in poverty. Now go ahead and ask yourself, "What type of people is more common to poverty?" Well the type of people are those who do not have a good education and those who lost their life to an addiction of some sort. The people in poverty could have changed their choices and might not have ended up in poverty and just as Ben Carson could have changed the game. They could have worked hard in school, and gone through college, and could have not have a life succumbed to the very desire of drugs or alcohol. Being in poverty is a choice, you can either do nothing about it or change it. As you may have noticed, in this paragraph I have used a lot of the word 'could'. You COULD have done this or COULD have done that but didn't, now you live the after math of your decisions. Ben Carson's story is the epitome of an under-dog story, he "Started from the bottom now he's here", any one who lives in poverty or is just in need of a desperate life change could have done the same thing. But I guess in life you make your own choices, for example Carson and I have different political viewsChoose the Right!

Image result for ben carson

Comments

Popular Posts