Good Quality People

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for tis' better to be alone then in bad company." -George Washington

I agree with this statement because why have false bad friends when you could be alone, or even yearn to have real amazing friends. There are two parts of this quote and I agree with both. The first part of this quote is saying that in order to have a good reputation you need to be around people of good quality and character. And the second part of this quote sheds light on the idea that if you do not find any good character friends then you are better of alone, not surrounded by people of bad character. I have actually lived through an experience like this. When I was in elementary school I hung out (played with) the popular crowd, I don't know who had decided we were popular, we were in Elementary School for crying out loud! Anyway once in middle school I did not like what my friends were turning into, they were starting to not turn in their homework and had lives that revolved around boys. I did not like this one bit so I made new friends. I met some amazing friends that retaught me how I had to work hard in school and how to be competitive in school but still friendly. Flash to the present and I still have better grades than my old popular friends, plus I have the enjoyment to have an amazing group of friends that I am proud to call my family. When you are in good company you become good company. Be with your friends and be the best version of yourself you can be. 
Image result for george washington

Comments

Popular Posts